Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Meg-A-Reader Blog Hop Day!

Welcome Meg-A-Readers!!! For my blog-hop day, I want to encourage all of you to read Overbite.
Overbite (Insatiable)


Is it good clean fun?  No.  But, it is fun. :)  I put most of my books into two categories - books I recommend to my mom and grandmother OR book I recommend to my friends.  What is the difference, you ask?  To put it bluntly, sex.  Yes, I know my grandmother and mother knew about sex long before I was born.  But, I don't necessarily need to recommend books to them that include sexual situations.  It just feels weird to me.  I sure as heck don't want to talk about sex with them, so why would I encourage them to read a book with sex in it?  I wouldn't.  I'll let their girl friends recommend those books to them and stay in the safe zone.


Now, on to books that I recommend to my girl friends.  Overbite is one of those books.  I'm kidding with the italics.  Overbite is the second in the series and it's where I decided to jump in.  I will be going back to read the first (Insatiable) and then any others in the series.   Meena Harper is our main character and she has the gift/curse to be able to predict how everyone around her will die.  This is an odd gift, and I applaud Cabot for giving us something just a little different.  The vampire thing has been done so many ways and often the same way for so long, I like a different spin on the story.  Meena works for/with/beside The Palatine Guard - the demon hunting arm of the Vatican.  I enjoy that the Vatican is tied into the story, as well.  Much of the conflict is caused by Meena's feelings for pseudo-bad guy and vampire Lucien AND her feelings for her coworker, the Super-Duper demon hunter Alaric.  Life is further complicated by the arrival of creepy Father Henrique with his own agenda for Lucien, Alaric, and Meena.  The external conflict with the Padre is fine, but it's the story of the love triangle between Lucien, Meena, and Alaric that is the real fun.  I picture Lucien as a Rhett Butler type


Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind trailer.jpg (my first literary crush)


and


Alaric as somewhere between
Joe Manganiello     


and


Troy Polamulo        


Now don't insert any reality here and tell me he's blond or something.  This is my imagination; let me live in my little world. :)


Meena, of course, looks like me: .


Again, don't interrupt my fantasy world with reality.  I look like Kate Beckinsale's twin sister.  We'll just all believe that, alrighty?


I feel like I'm supposed to be making a point, but I'm so overwhelmed with my beautiful hair that I can't focus now.


So, who do you think the characters in your favorite Meg Cabot book look like?  How much do you love my Kate Beckinsale hair?  :)


Thanks for dropping by and have a great hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...