Friday, May 11, 2012

Beginning Again ?

She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873) ~ Louisa May Alcott ~


Ahhhh..as some of you may know, I've been in and out of hospitals and had a crazy time since the beginning of December.  I'm finished with hospitals for a while - mainly because I declare that I am and not so much on the advice of my doctor.  Anyway, while I've been trying to get back to normal physically, I've been reading a bazillion books.  I'm a huge mystery fan but at the recommendation of my girl friends, I branched out into some romance as well.  Since I send reviews to my friends and write up reviews of YA books for my students to help them with their book clubs and self-selected reading selections, I decided to make my book reviews a bit more formal and add them to my blog.  I recently joined NetGalley and hope to begin reviewing for them soon.  I finished a book last night by an author that is new to me.  I'll put my thoughts together and add my review soon.
Forgive me for my absence the past few months.  I promise to be more "present" now that my body is cooperating a bit more.  I will warn you, I'm on lots of medicine, so if I seem a bit giddy on occasion, it's not really my fault. :)
For those of you new to me, welcome!  I'm a caffeine addict, wife, English teacher and professor, writer, voracious reader, crafter, aunt, mommy to 3 adorable lab puppies (they're not really puppies - 6 yrs, 3 yrs, and 15 months), and shoe collector.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...